Sunday, November 15, 2009

Busy Week Ahead.

Not sure when I am going to breathe.

I work 5 out of the next 7 days....that's sure going to tire me out....and the only day this week I am really home is Thursday!

Tomorrow I have my NT scan. its the only screening we are really doing for this pregnancy. We opted to have a level 2 ultrasound at 19 weeks rather than bother with screening which yields a high false positive rate.

Wednesday I have my 12 week OB appointment...I never in my life thought I would ever make it to a second OB appointment! We will get to hear the baby's heartbeat...which I have not ever got to hear yet! I am so looking forward to this day! I think it will make me feel 100% relieved!

Friday I have my first OB Med appointment. I have to see this obstetrical medicine dr because of my history with my health problems. Basically none of them pose a direct risk to the pregnancy at their current state. However any treatments for them are contraindicated in pregnancy, so it make it a bit of a tough situation. So we need to put a plan in place for what will happen IF I have any problems. I am hoping to not have to use this plan though :)

My issues are, just if I never mentioned this before....

Crohn's disease....which I have had 2 extensive surgeries for.

Elevated triglycerides from an inherited condition (Chylomicronemia)....fun...not

I also have hypothyroidism, MTHFR, oh and probably other stuff I'm not remembering about right now. It's the first 2 that are the problem though. Expecting mothers who have had a flar of Crohn's from my research, have actually needed hospitalization and TPN...but I guess thats probably a worst case thing. And with the elevated triglycerides, similar story. Since the medication used to lower triglycerides is contra-indicated in pregnancy, there's no other way to treat extremely high levels, I am trying to control it with diet, but with the nausea and lack of appetite I have had, if I feel like any food, I eat it right now.

So that's my life this week....12 weeks tomorrow...totally unbelievable to me. It really feels like this is flying by(and I hear this is the slow part of the pregnancy) I can't imagine how fast its going to go by in the new year!

1 comment: