Thursday, July 30, 2009

So Starts IVF #1

the hag is here, we are on the road to IVF #1.

However we have hut another road bump. It is likely I don't absorb folic acid. Dang.

So I figured this out on my own. You see, because of m Crohn's disease I had a bowel resection, after said bowel resection I had to go on vitamin B12 injections(once monthly) for the rest of my life. Just yesterday I was thinking, hmm folate is a B vitamin, I wonder what part of the body absorbs it. You guessed it...same part of the bowel that I don't have anymore, g.r.e.a.t!

The ONLY reason I was thinking of this was because of the MTHFR, and the increased dose of folic I am on, I thought to myself, I wonder how we know if I am even getting enough...and I thought, hmm.

Anyway, so I will talk to RE about this tomorrow, I wonder if this is a reason as well for not getting pregnant again, and it looks like i will need to be on folic acid injections....add that to the list of needles just to TRY to get pregnant...sheesh....this is exhausting.

I feel like the last few weeks have been a huge JOKE on me. like what else can the universe dump on my head right now....anything? (BTW Universe....I am not asking for anything to be dumped..PUHLEASE)

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey... Sometimes you just want to shake your first at the world and say "SCREW YOU!". It's just not fair.

    I'm sorry about yet another bump in the road. I really hope that it flattens for you soon...

    ReplyDelete